Five Inspirational Fitness Quotes to Motivate You

Whatever I do in life, I've always enjoyed a good quote to inspire me and help me on my way. Today I want to share with you some of my favourite quotes about fitness. Bear them in mind next time you're working out, or when you should be working out but really can't be bothered!


This is so true. Even if you really don't feel like exercising, just do it. Tell yourself you'll only do five minutes if that's what it takes to get you moving. Exercise releases endorphins which make you feel amazing. No matter how bad of a mood I'm in, working out never fails to make me feel better. It doesn't even have to be a hard workout - just going for a walk or lifting some weights at home will work wonders.


I first heard this quote as 'Pain is failure leaving the body' but this version seems to be more well-known. I have to say I like both versions. They're both basically telling you not to give up when your workout gets painful, as it's just making you stronger. Obviously this only applies to the normal uncomfortable feeling of doing more reps than usual or running that extra mile - if you actually injure yourself then don't try to push through!

A related quote I also like to remind myself of when things get tough is: "Pain is temporary. Quitting lasts forever". 


This quote can be applied to every area of your life, not just fitness. What do you believe you'll never be able to do? Decide on something, then go and do it. Then do it again. And again. And again. Practice makes perfect and before you know it, you'll be achieving something you originally thought was impossible!


This one can also be said as "The only workout you'll regret is the one that didn't happen" and it means that no workout is a bad workout - as long as you do it. Don't think that there's no point because you haven't got time to get a 'full' workout in - even if you only manage fifteen minutes, that's better than nothing. Again, if you're actually ill or injured, don't force yourself to exercise as this could make your condition worse. But you could do something gentle like walking to get your body moving and your heart pumping a bit faster. 


Another amazing quote that can be interpreted to apply to any part of your life, but for the purpose of this post I'm using it to inspire you to set new fitness goals to work towards. Have you always wanted to run a marathon? Then why not just train hard and go for it! Oh, because you're fifty years old. So what?!

While we're on the subject of age, just remember: "We don't stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing."

What are your favourite fitness (or life) quotes? Please share them with me in the comments!

If you liked this post, you might also enjoy:
Five of My Favourite Health & Fitness Youtubers