Product Review: USN Protein Powders

If you've learnt anything about me during the six months I've been writing this blog, it's probably the fact that I love my protein. I'm always interested in trying out new protein powders and shakes so I was really excited when USN (Ultimate Sports Nutrition) got in touch asking me to review some of theirs.

I was sent samples of four different products. Here's what I received and my thoughts:


1. USN Premium Whey Protein


I was impressed that this was made with such a high quality protein and actually tasted nice too. It provides 24g of protein per 34g serving and, once you've mixed it in a shaker, isn't grainy at all - which is always a plus!


2. USN Ultra-Premium Casein Night Time Protein


This is made with the slowest digesting protein available, to build and repair your muscles throughout the night as you sleep - how great is that? It provides an impressive 26.5g of protein per 30g serving. I've never tried a protein powder designed specifically for night time before so I was really happy with this.


3. USN Ultra-Premium Pure GF1, 6-Stage Lean Protein


An amazing 40g of lean protein per 56g serving and perfect for post-workout muscle recovery. As one of the flavours I received was chocolate, this was probably my favourite.


4. USN Protein Mousse


I was sent the cafe latte flavour which I was really pleased about - I love coffee and the sample made a decent sized mousse which I shared with Hubster after dinner one night. With 15g slow-release protein per 30g serving, this is another great product to enjoy in the evening before you go to bed. 


Overall, I was really impressed with this range of protein powders and would recommend them. If you'd like to try them out, USN have created a unique discount code for my followers: just enter NICS25 at the checkout to receive 25% off everything (excluding existing offers and new gym wear range). There's no minimum spend requirement so you can buy as much or as little as you like!

Thanks to Tuba at USN for sending me some protein powder samples to review. If you have a health/fitness/nutrition related product you'd like me to review, you can either email me at nicspirational@gmail.com or contact me via Twitter. I will aim to post my review within a week of receiving your product and will always give my honest opinion.

*All images courtesy of USN.*

Read my other reviews:
Crackin' Eggs, Upbeat Drinks, TreeVitalise, Fitbit, Life Tonics, Nutrifiz, Multipower, Build Your Running Body, Selwyn's Seaweed, Jump Attack, DermaGlo and Cho! Gazpacho.