Product Review: Blend Bros High Protein Sauces


Blend Bros savoury blend sauces are an innovative new product - they're actually the first high-protein sauces on the market. They're made with a blend of herbs and spices, and contain 20 grams of pea protein per 55g serving. Needless to say, I was excited to try them for myself.

The sauces come in five different flavours. I was sent the Spanish tomato & chorizo, Mexican pibil stew and Thai jungle curry. There are also Indian kerala curry and Sicilian lemon & oregano flavours in the range. They're all suitable for vegetarians and vegans, low salt, reduced sugar and dairy free.

They come in powder form and are really easy to make: just add 55g of powder to 150ml boiling water and mix well. Then stir it into the food you're cooking or just pour it over a complete meal for a burst of flavour.

I found these sauces really flavourful. I ate them on wholegrain pasta, to make sure I tasted them properly and that the flavour wasn't impaired by any other food. I enjoyed both the Thai jungle curry and Mexican pibil stew flavours, but wasn't all that taken by the Spanish tomato and chorizo, which I thought would be my favourite.

I think Blend Bros sauces are a great way to get more protein into your diet without even trying - just pour them over your dinner et voila! I'd definitely buy them if I came across them in the shops, and I quite fancy trying the Sicilian lemon and oregano flavour too.

Thanks to Charlie at Blend Bros for sending me a selection of protein sauces to review. If you have a health/fitness/nutrition related product you'd like me to review, you can either email me at nicspirational@gmail.com or contact me via Twitter. I will aim to post my review within a week of receiving your product and will always give my honest opinion.

Read some of my other reviews:
Crackin' Eggs, Upbeat Drinks, TreeVitalise, Life Tonics, Nutrifiz, Multipower, Build Your Running Body, Selwyn's Seaweed, Jump Attack, DermaGlo, Cho! Gazpacho and USN.