Health and Fitness Tips for Winter


My Health and Fitness Tips for... post is the one I look forward to writing every time the season changes. But I have to admit that I've been putting this winter edition off a little bit for lack of things to say that I hadn't already mentioned in my autumn post.

I really wanted to complete the series, though, since I've done a tips post for spring, summer and autumn. Winter is a time when a lot of people don't feel that motivated to work out and eat healthily (except for maybe the first week of January) - but it's still important to look after your body, whatever the weather is doing outside. So here are my health and fitness tips for winter!

1. Get Back to the Gym
Most gyms have good membership deals every January to entice people to sign up. Why not take advantage and join now? You'll save yourself £s and lbs.

2. Layer Up
Not a fan of the gym? Never fear, you can still get fit without one. There are plenty of outdoor activities you can take part in. Use Google to find out what's going on in your area.

3. Don't be SAD
If you've got the January Blues, take action to make yourself feel better. Read my post about dealing with seasonal affective disorder to find out how.

4. Ring the Changes
A new year is a great opportunity to change a few things that haven't been working for you. If you're sick of your old exercise routine, look for a new, more fun activity to do this year. You could also update your workout wardrobe to give yourself some motivation.



I hope you have the healthiest winter ever!

What do you do to stay fit and healthy during winter? Leave a comment and let me know!

Also in this series:
Health and Fitness Tips for Spring
Health and Fitness Tips for Summer
Health and Fitness Tips for Autumn