Recipe: Morning 'Wake Up' Protein Mocha Smoothie


I am NOT a morning person. I find it so hard to get myself out of bed in the A.M, especially this time of year now the clocks have gone back and it's starting to get colder.

The one thing that always gets me moving, though, is the thought of coffee. I'm much nicer after my initial caffeine fix and ready to take on the day.

I also love chocolate (any time of day) and you may have noticed that I regularly use raw cacao to create recipes for the blog. So when ADUNA asked if I'd like to try some of their new super cacao powder, made from specially selected, high-flavanol beans blended with luxuriously rich cacao from small-scale producers in Ghana, I decided to create a recipe using my two favourite things (coffee and chocolate, if you hadn't already guessed).

With caffeine to wake you up, healthy fats from coconut milk, carbs from banana, muscle-building properties from protein powder and heart-healthy flavanols* from cacao, this recipe makes a perfect on-the-go breakfast.

Protein Mocha Smoothie

You will need:
Half cup brewed black coffee (instant is fine)
Half cup milk of your choice (I use coconut)
1 small banana, sliced
1 scoop vanilla protein powder
1 tablespoon Aduna super cacao powder
1 teaspoon honey
A few ice cubes

Method:
Blitz all the ingredients in a blender until smooth and enjoy!

Liked this? Click here to check out my other recipes (including plenty of chocolate ones).


*Cacao flavanols help maintain the elasticity of blood vessels, which contributes to normal blood flow.
 Aduna super cacao contains twice the flavanols of regular cacao powder.

Disclosure: Products were sent to me in exchange for a recipe post. Words and opinions are my own.
If you have a health, fitness or nutrition related product you'd like me to try out, please contact me at nicspirational@gmail.com or find me on Twitter.


Comment question: How do you wake yourself up in the morning? Caffeine? An early run? A cold shower? Let me know!


Follow Me!